This healthy Vegan Buffalo Kale and Brussels Sprouts Chopped Salad is full of delicious bold flavors, spicy heat, and plant- based goodness.
Base Salad Ingredients:
- 2 ½ to 3 cups finely chopped kale
- 2 cups shaved Brussel sprouts *
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced (+/-)
- 1 ¼ cup English cucumbers, small dice
- ½ cup grated carrots
- 1 cup cooked couscous *
- ¼ cup [raw] cashews *
- 1 Tablespoon tahini
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon hot sauce *
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- ¼ cup unsweetened plain plant yogurt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup water
- pinch to ¼ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Place the cashews into a small bowl, cover with boiling water, allow to set for 15 minutes, then drain off the water and discard. Use soaked cashews in Step 3.
- In the meantime, place all the Salad Base Ingredients into a large bowl, mix well, set aside.
- Place the soaked cashews into a high-speed blender along with all the remaining Dressing Ingredients, blend on high until smooth and emulsified.
- Taste test for flavor, add more ingredients to reach the flavor you desire.
- Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients, mix well to completely coat the salad ingredients. Taste test and add more seasonings as needed.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: 3 to 4