We can barely keep our excitement contained! We’ve got a new tasty dish that is sure to cover all those must haves of wholesome goodness, bursting with flavor, and ultra satisfying. We just had to name it Ultimate Healthy Vegan Black Bean Burger with Special Burger Sauce. This tasty black bean burger has a deliciously satisfying texture with perfectly crunchy exterior and a tender but not mushy interior. Annnd the the pièce de résistance is the Special Burger Sauce, but let’s be honest, we put it on everything!
Whole Food Plant Based, vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons organic maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon tamari *
- 2 Tablespoons tahini
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (+/- to taste) *
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard
- Place the cashews in a small bowl and cover with boiling water, set aside for 20 minutes (or fast method, place raw cashews in a small pan, cover with water and boil for 10 minutes, then briefly rinse with cold water to cool them down.)
- In the meantime, add all the remaining ingredients into a high-speed blender, set aside.
- After 20 minutes, discard the water from the cashews. Add the cashews into the high-speed blender with all the other ingredients, and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
*Tamari: We used San J Tamari Soy Sauce Gluten Free, Reduced Sodium.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Makes: About 1 cup
*Storage: Refrigerate, use within 7 days.