Healthy, satisfying, and packed with nourishing plant goodness, this bold, oil-free Thai Curry Cabbage Noodle Stir Fry is noodle heaven with a delicious twist.
- 5 cups thinly sliced green cabbage *
- ¼ cup low-sodium vegetable broth *
- 1 – [ 14.4. oz package ] frozen broccoli stir fry
- 2 Tablespoons Thai red curry paste *
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium tamari *
- ¼ cup organic maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons low-sodium vegetable broth *
- 2 Tablespoon unsweetened peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon chili garlic sauce *
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 Tablespoons dried minced onions
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (or arrowroot powder)
- 6 to 8 oz. GF thin spaghetti (or pasta of choice)
- Sliced green onions
- Red pepper flakes
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Fill a large stock pot full of water. Add some sea salt to the water. Bring the water to a boil then add the pasta. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking. Boil the pasta until el dente, drain, rinse with cold water to remove any excess starch, shake well, set aside.
- Place the Sauce Ingredients in a bowl, mix well, set aside.
- In a large ceramic/enamel lined skillet, Dutch oven, or non-stick skillet, add the thinly sliced cabbage and ¼ cup vegetable broth, cover and sauté over medium-high heat for 5 minutes to soften.
- Then add the package of frozen stir fry vegetables to the cabbage mixture, cover and continue to sauté for 5 to 10 minutes largely dependent upon how crisp versus tender you enjoy your vegetables.Continue to sauté until the veggies reach the desired tenderness. If needed, add a splash of vegetable broth to prevent sticking and/or burning.
- Add the Sauce Mixture to the skillet, stir to incorporate and thicken the sauce, bring the mixture to a boil, then immediately lower to a simmer. Simmer for several minutes.
- Add in the cooked noodles, stir well to thoroughly coat the noodles, heat through – about 2 to 3 minutes, then remove from the stove and allow the flavors to marry for 3 to 5 minutes. Top with sliced green onions, red pepper flakes, and toasted sesame seeds.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Serving: 4 to 5