This Tex-Mex Quinoa Salad is loaded with feel-good ingredients and tossed in a zippy, smoky dressing making for an energizing, refreshing meal.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa *
- 1 – [ 15 oz. can ] corn, drained
- 1 – [ 15.5 oz. can ] kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- ¾ cup seeded tomatoes, small dice
- ¼ cup red onions, fine dice
- 2 baby English cucumbers, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, small dice
Chipotle Lime Dressing Ingredients:
- ¼ cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon tahini
- 2 teaspoon organic maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons low-sodium vegetable broth *
- 1 teaspoon white miso *
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons lime juice (+/-)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onions
- ¼ + 1/8 teaspoon chipotle powder
- ¼ + 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- pinch to ¼ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Place the all the Chipotle Lime Dressing Ingredients into a small bowl, whisk until smooth and emulsified, set aside.
- Prepare all the vegetables and place into a large, then add the cooked quinoa. Toss to evenly distribute the salad ingredients; then drizzle with the Chipotle Lime Dressing while tossing.
- Taste test and add adjust seasonings accordingly. Serve and enjoy!
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Serving: 3 to 4 (makes 6 cups)