The perfect sweet finishing touch on any dessert, this healthy Sweet Cashew Glaze is super yummy and easy to make. Drizzle this luscious goodness over cakes, muffins, cookies, cupcakes, pancakes, dessert breads, and more – your imagination is the limit. Adding a lovely sweetness without being overbearing, this creamy glaze is sure to please. Bonus: mix and match spices/extracts for endless flavor possibilities.
Whole Food Plant Based, vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, gluten free, no highly processed ingredients.
- ½ cup cashews
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened plain plant milk
- 3 Tablespoons organic maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon (+/-) vanilla (or other flavor extracts, example: almond, orange, etc)
- 1/8 teaspoon (+/-) cinnamon (or other spices/herbs, example: pumpkin pie, zest, etc)
- Quick soak the cashews by placing them in a small bowl and covering them with boiling water. Soak for 20 minutes, then discard the water (or fast method, place raw cashews in a small pan, cover with water and boil for 10 minutes, then briefly rinse with cold water to cool them down).
- Placed the soaked cashews and all the remaining ingredients into a high-speed blender. Blend on high for one minute or until very smooth and creamy.
- Test flavor and consistency. If the glaze is too thick, add a little more plant milk and blend again.
- Drizzle over your favorite cake, muffins, pancakes, or desserts.
*Makes: about ¾ cup
*Storage: Refrigerate any desserts that are topped with the glaze. OR refrigerate the glaze separately from the desserts, and then add to the individual servings.