There’s something extra special about wholesome and nutritious veggies piled high over a bed of greens and nestled in a bowl, and those sauces that are drizzled on top are eve-ry-thing! This vibrant sauce fits the bill! Creamy, flavorful with a little *POW* of heat this Spicy Green Chile Cilantro Sauce is packed full of deliciousness that is sure to please. Fresh cilantro and zesty lime pairs perfectly with the spicy green chilies, adding a light cooling freshness. Healthy and utterly delicious, this sauce is perfect for this week’s awesome Whip It Up Wednesday recipe. Whole Food Plant Based, vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 1 – [ 4 oz. can ] hot diced green chilies (you can also use mild)
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened plain plant milk
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (+/-)*
- 1 Tablespoon water
- In a small bowl, cover the raw cashews in boiling water, set aside to soak for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, measure out all your remaining ingredients and set aside.
- After 20 minutes, drain the cashews and discard the water, then add the cashews and all the remaining dressing ingredients into a high-speed blender and emulsify until smooth.
- Taste test the dressing and add more seasonings, if needed.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
Serving: Makes approximately 1 cup of dressing.
Storage: Refrigerate and use within 5 days.