Nourishing veggies and beans make this easy Spicy Asian Chipotle Citrus Glazed Veggies a total plant-based busy week night recipe winner.
- 1 small yellow onion, fine dice
- 2 grated carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, small dice
- 1 cup frozen peas, (or edamame) thawed
- 1 – [ 15.5 oz. can ] chickpeas, drained and rinsed *
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 3 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons reduced-sodium tamari *
- 2 teaspoon molasses *
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- ½ to ¾ teaspoon chipotle powder (+/-) *
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ to ¾ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- 2 to 3 teaspoons cornstarch (or arrowroot powder)
- Steamed rice
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Sliced green onions
- Make the sauce. Please all the Sauce Ingredients into a small bowl, mix well, set aside.
- Place the diced onions, carrots, and red bell peppers into a large skillet, sauté over medium-high heat until 5 to 8 minutes or until they reach the desired tenderness.
- Then add the thawed peas (or edamame) and chickpeas, heat for several minutes.
- Add the Sauce Mixture, stirring constantly until the sauce has thickened and completely coats the ingredients. Stir for several minutes.
- Serve over steamed rice or over noodles, sprinkled with sliced green onions and/or toasted sesame seeds.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.