Soft and chewy, these delicious Spice Date Cookies boast a beautiful blend of cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Made without any sugar, just minced Medjool dates, coupled with tahini, almond flour, and just a few other simple ingredients making them a delicious, healthy cookie. Perfectly oven baked into tiny treasures of yumminess; they are sure to please everyone in the family! Whole Food Plant Based treat, no oil, no sugar, no highly processed ingredients, and gluten free.
- 1/8 cup tahini
- 8 Medjool pitted dates (see notes *)
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 cup almond flour (super finely ground), lightly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of sea salt
- Sesame seeds
- Almond slices
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Place the Medjool dates into a food processor with the tahini and process until the dates are finely minced.
- Add all the other ingredients and process until the mixture forms a ball in the food processor.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat (or parchment paper).
- Use a small cookie scoop (OXO Good Grips Small Stainless-Steel Cookie Scoop – diameter is approx. 1 ¼ inches) and scoop up about a tablespoon of the mixture, pressing the cookie scoop hard against the side of the bowl to compact the cookie mixture into the scooper. Then release the cookie from the scooper and hand roll into tightly formed balls and place the balls onto the silicone baking mat covered baking sheet. Makes approx. 15 to 19 cookie balls.
- If coating the cookies with sesame seeds, roll the cookie ball lightly in small bowl of sesame seeds until completely coated, then place on the silicone baking mat covered baking sheet.
- Cover a small flat-bottomed glass with plastic wrap, then press down on each cookie until it is lightly flattened to about ½ inch thickness.
- If placing almond slices on the cookies, select two almond slices per cookie and press them into the cookie with a tiny bit of pressure until they are secured.
- Bake at 350 F for 8 minutes, until the cookie edges firm up and are set. The cookies will puff up.
- Remove from the oven and gently remove each cookie from the baking sheet with a flat edged spatula and place onto a cooling rack.
*Medjool Date: We highly recommend Bard Valley Natural Delights Medjool Dates as they are perfect for this recipe because they do not need to be presoaked. They are perfectly soft and moist enough to place directly into the food processor. If you are not using this brand of Medjool dates, you may need to presoak the dates in hot water to soften them up. Other dates simply do not work as well for this recipe.
*Nutritional Information: Does not include optional ingredients
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 71.9
- Sugar: 6.6 g
- Sodium: 10.3 mg
- Fat: 3.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.5 g
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 1.7 g