Indulge in the delightfully irresistible crunch of our delectable Salted Candied Pecans as a wholesome snack or the perfect salad topper.
- 16 oz. pecan halves
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- Sprinkle large flake sea salt *
- Place the pecan halves into a large dry skillet and dry toast them over medium heat for 7 to 10 minutes. Stir them around the pan constantly to ensure they do not burn.
- When the pecans are nicely toasted and fragrant, move the pecans toward the center of the pan and immediately pour the maple syrup over top the pecans. The maple syrup will immediately bubble up when it hits the hot pan. With a silicone or wooden spatula toss the pecans over and over until all the sides are evenly coated. This only takes approx. 30 seconds to one minute.
- Remove the pan from heat and immediately dump the maple glazed pecans onto a baking sheet/cookie sheet, spreading them out as much as possible.
- Immediately sprinkle with a very light sprinkle of sea salt. Allow the candied pecans to cool completely, then place in an air-tight jar for up to 2 weeks.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Serving: Makes 1 lb. of candied pecans