This epic Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad is summertime in a bowl! Fruits and veggies team up together to create this enchantingly delicious salad of sweet and savory flavors! Beautifully roasted Brussel sprouts, fresh veggies, and a tasty scattering of delectable fruit, seeds, and nuts, all combined together with a creamy and flavorful Strawberry Vinaigrette create delicious summer vibes in every bite. A fabulous Whole Food Plant Based recipe, vegan, oil free, refined sugar free, gluten free, no processed ingredients.
- Salad greens of choice (we used 8 oz. Baby Spinach Spring Mix Mixed Greens and kale)
- 8 to 10 oz. Brussel Sprouts, sliced in half, and roasted
- 1 large red onion, cut into thin rings
- 2 mini English cucumbers, cut into thin ribbons
- 2 Tablespoon pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 2 Tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 Tablespoon dried cranberries
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 to 1 ½ cups seedless red grapes
- 1 recipe Cinnamon Maple Glazed Pecans (or plain pecans)
Strawberry Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1 cup strawberries, small dice (measure after the strawberries have been diced)
- 1 Tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened almond butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons white miso *
- 2 pinches sea salt (+/-) *
Roasted Brussel Sprout Roasting Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Line a 14 x 20 baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Clean and halve the Brussel sprouts and place them on a large plate, then sprinkle them with sea salt, garlic power, onion powder and a tiny bit of pepper.Then place them on the parchment lined baking sheet, cut-side down. Place them in the oven and roast for 20 minutes. Take them out and turn them over and roast for 10 minutes or until they reach the desired tenderness of your liking. Remove from the oven and set aside.
Strawberry Vinaigrette Dressing Instructions
- While the Brussel Sprouts are roasting in the oven, prepare the Strawberry Vinaigrette by adding all the Strawberry Vinaigrette ingredients into a high-speed blender or food processor and puree until emulsified. Set aside or refrigerate until ready to assemble the salad.
Assemble the Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette Instructions
- Lay down a bed of salad greens onto a large flat plate or serving platter.
- Add the roasted Brussel sprouts.
- Then place the remaining veggies, fruit, and seeds on top of the salad greens.
- Sprinkle with the Cinnamon Maple Glazed Pecans.
- Drizzle the Strawberry Vinaigrette on top right before serving or place on individual servings.
- Serve Enjoy!
*Miso: We used Miso Master Organic Mellow White Premium Lite Miso, Certified Gluten Free. Miso really lends itself to balancing flavors when you don’t use oil. You can also substitute with chickpea miso for a soy free version.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Storage: Use within one week if undressed or immediately if dressed.