This easy, sweet and savory, oil-free Pineapple Teriyaki Skillet is a simple and quick meal when you need to get something on the table fast that the whole family will love.
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 – [ 12.6 oz. bag ] frozen baby broccoli florets *
- 1 – [ 20 oz. can ] pineapple chunks, halved *
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium tamari *
- ½ cup pineapple juice (from can)
- 2 Tablespoons low-sodium vegetable broth *
- 3 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce (+/-) *
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch to 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon cornstarch (or arrowroot powder)
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Steamed rice
- Cooked noodles
- Drain the pineapple chunks over a strainer to collect the pineapple juice.
- Cut the pineapple chunks in half (optional).
- Make the sauce by placing all the Sauce Ingredients into a small bowl, whisk well, set aside.
- Place the red bell peppers and frozen baby broccoli florets into an enamel/ceramic lined skillet or similar nonstick skillet, sauté until the veggies reach the desired tenderness. Add a splash of water to prevent burning.
- Add the pineapple chunks to the skillet and stir until well heated through.
- Increase the heat to medium-high, add the sauce, stirring constantly until the sauce thickens and coats all the veggies and pineapple.Simmer for several minutes, then remove from the stove and serve over your favorite rice or noodles.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.