Delicious, wholesome, and healthy, this oil-free Old-Fashioned Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Cookies recipe is made with simple plant-based ingredients.
- 1 cup rolled oats, processed – fine chop *
- 1 cup rolled oats, processed – medium chop *
- ¼ cup rolled oats *
- 2 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice *
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup maple sugar (or coconut sugar) *
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup almond butter *
- 1 Tablespoon natural peanut butter *
- 2 teaspoons molasses *
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup *
- ¼ cup unsweetened plain plant milk
- Chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Place the oven rack in the center position.
- Line a large baking sheet with silicone baking pads or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place 1 cup rolled oats into the food processor, and pulse for 30 seconds to finely chop, then place into a large bowl.
- Place 1 cup rolled oats into the food processor, pulse for 10 seconds to chop, then place into a large bowl with the finely chopped rolled oats.
- Add ¼ cup of rolled oats to the large bowl with the chopped rolled oats.
- Add all the remaining Dry Ingredients into the large bowl with the oats, whisk until well combined.
- Then add the Wet Ingredients to the dry ingredients, stir until everything is mixed well. If adding optional ingredients (raisins and/or nuts), add at this time.
- Scoop up about 2 tablespoons (2 small cookie scoops) of cookie dough, then roll into a ball and flatten into a ½ inch disk, then set onto the lined baking sheet. Continue until all the dough has been rolled and flattened.
- Place in a preheated oven (center rack) and bake at 350 F for 11 to 13 minutes until the cookies are set and the edges and bottoms are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool for 3 minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Serving: Makes 16 to 18 cookies