Bursting with garden fresh vegetables, this delicious Oil Free Warm Zucchini Tomato Salad has a touch of elegance without all the fuss.
- 3 to 4 medium zucchinis, unpeeled, sliced lengthwise 1/4-inch thickness
- 20 cherry (or grape) tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onions
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon white miso *
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons water
- ¼ teaspoon organic maple syrup (+/-)
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
Dressing Spice/Herb Ingredients:
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried basil (+/-)
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano (+/-)
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley (+/-)
- Pinch to ½ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Pinch black pepper (+/-)
- Crusty bread, flatbread, or crostini
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Line several large baking sheets with parchment paper, set aside. (Also see notes on grilling the zucchini).
- Take each zucchini, cut off the ends, then standing the zucchini on its end, cut the zucchini into 1/4-inch thickness slices lengthwise or use a vegetable mandolin. Lay the sliced zucchini strips onto the parchment lined baking sheet. No need to season, no overlapping of the zucchini. Use 2 large baking sheets, if necessary.
- Place them into a preheated 400 F oven for 5 minutes, then flip and bake another 5 minutes, remove from the oven, set aside until ready to use.
- In the meantime, place all the Dressing Ingredients and Spice/Herb Ingredients into a bowl, whisk until smooth and emulsified.
- Place the baked zucchini, cherry tomato halves and thinly sliced red onions into a long flat dish pour the dressing over top. Gently toss until everything is evenly coated. Allow to sit and marinade for 10 minutes. Then arrange on a serving platter, pouring the any remaining dressing over top. Serve and enjoy!
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.