Rich, bold, and wholesome, this simple Oil Free Vegan Sun-Dried Tomato Aioli is easy to make and sure to make your taste buds sing.
- ½ cup [raw] cashews *
- ¼ cup (.8 oz.) sun-dried tomato halves (9 tomato halves) *
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup (+/-)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce *
- ¼ to ¾ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Place the cashews into a small bowl, pour boiling water over them, allow to soak for 20 minutes, then drain (discard water), and set aside.
- Place the sun-dried tomatoes into a small bowl, pour boiling water over them, allow to soak for 20 minutes, then drain (discard water) and set aside.
- Place all the Ingredients (including the soaked cashews and sun-dried tomatoes) into a high-speed blender. Blend on high until smooth and emulsified.
- Taste the aioli, adjust the flavors as needed.
- Serve with your favorite plant-based burger or with steamed/roasted veggies.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: Makes 1 cup