Brimming with rich flavors, this healthy Oil Free Vegan Creamy Italian Dressing is packed with delicious plant based ingredients.
- 1/3 cup (raw) cashews
- 2 to 4 Tablespoons distilled white vinegar *
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar *
- ¼ cup water
- 1 to 2 teaspoons lemon juice *
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon dried minced onions
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ¼ to ¾ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon dried crushed thyme leaves *
- Pinch celery seed (optional)
- Place the cashews into a small bowl, cover with boiling water, set aside for 10 minutes to soften. After 10 minutes, discard the water, set aside.
- Place the Spice/Herb Ingredients into a small bowl, whisk to mix, set aside.
- Place the all the Base Ingredients and soaked cashews into a high-speed blender, blend on high until smooth and emulsified.
- Place the Spice/Herb Ingredients into the high-speed blender, pulse once or twice just to mix in the herbs. Do not blend.
- Taste test the dressing, adjust the flavors as needed.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: Makes one cup of dressing