Fun, healthy, and flavorful, this Oil-Free Vegan Buffalo Ranch Rice recipe is brimming with those delicious spicy Buffalo flavors with subtle hints of ranch herbs and spices.
- 1 cup brown rice (or of choice) *
- 1 medium yellow onion, fine dice
- ¾ cup diced celery
- ½ cup grated carrots
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ cup low-sodium vegetable broth *
- 2 Tablespoons tahini
- ¼ cup hot sauce *
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened plain plant milk
Sauce Herb/Spice Ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 Tablespoons dried minced onions
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon chives (dried or fresh)
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill weed
- ½ to 1 teaspoons sea salt (+/- ) *
- Fresh chives, chopped *
- Fresh parsley, chopped *
- Rinse the rice really well, then place into a bowl, cover with cold water, set aside to soak until ready to use.
- Place all the Sauce Ingredients and all the Sauce Spice/Herb Ingredients in a bowl, mix well to thoroughly incorporate all the ingredients, set aside until ready in Step 6.
- In a large skillet, add the diced onions, celery, and carrots; sauté over medium heat until they begin to soften, approximately 7 to 9 minutes. Add a couple of tablespoons or so of water if they start to stick and/or to prevent burning.
- Add the minced garlic, sauté for one minute.
- Drain the water from the rice, give it a good shake to release any excess water, then place the drained rice into the skillet. Sauté for several minutes, stirring constantly.
- Then pour the Sauce Mixture into the skillet. Stir to mix well.
- Bring to a boil, then immediately lower to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 40 to 45 minutes (or longer) until the rice is perfectly tender. Do not stir*
- Remove from the stove, allow to sit for 5 minutes to allow the flavors to marry. Remove the lid and sprinkle generously with freshly chopped chives and parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: 4 to 5