When you want to up your dressing game, we’ve got your back! This Oil Free Pepperoncini Dressing is checking off all the delicious must haves: rich, creamy, tangy, and brimming with flavor – a total pepperoncini dream! Perfectly pickled Greek pepperoncinis made into a luscious oil free dressing that is awesome for veggie dipping, salad drizzling, pizza dunking, and so much more! This dressing is healthy and utterly delicious making it this week’s awesome Whip It Up Wednesday recipe. Whole Food Plant Based, vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- ¾ cup pickled pepperoncini peppers – packed *
- 1 Tablespoon pickling juice (from the pepperoncini jar)
- ½ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- In a small bowl, cover the raw cashews in boiling water, set aside to soak for 20 minutes (or quick soak, place the raw cashews in a small stock pot, cover with water and boil for 10 minutes).
- In the meantime, measure out all your remaining ingredients and set aside.
- After 20 minutes (or 10 minutes for quick soak), drain the cashews and discard the water, then add the cashews and all the remaining dressing ingredients into a high-speed blender; blend to emulsify and become smooth.
- Taste test the dressing and add more seasonings (or pickling juice), if needed.
*Pepperoncinis: We used Mezzetta Golden Greek Deli-Sliced Peperoncinis; they are oil-free. Make sure to read the label to ensure you have selected oil-free pickled pepperoncinis. Divina Whole Pepperoncinis uses tumeric for the yellow coloring.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Serving: Makes approximately 1 cup of dressing.
*Storage: Refrigerate and use within 5 days.