Healthy, vibrant, and tasty, this Oil Free Parsley Macaroni Chopped Salad is a bowl of nutritiousness.
Base Salad Ingredients:
- 2 cups green cabbage, fine chop
- 2 baby cucumbers, small dice
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, diced *
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup baby kale, finely chopped
- 2 cups cooked elbow macaroni (optional) *
- ½ cup hummus
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 1 Tablespoon distilled white vinegar (+/-)
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice (+/-)
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch to ¾ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- If adding pasta, cook pasta according to package directions, drain and rinse with cold water, shake well to remove any excess water, set aside.
- In the meantime, prepare and place all the Salad Base Ingredients into a large bowl, mix well, set aside.
- Add the Dressing Ingredients into a high-speed blender. Blend on high until the dressing is creamy, emulsified, and smooth. Taste test for flavor, add more ingredients to reach the flavor you desire.
- Pour the sauce over the salad ingredients (use less sauce if omitting pasta), mix well to completely coat the salad ingredients. Taste test, add more seasonings, if needed.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: 3 to 4
*Nutritional Information: If using tahini free hummus, the fat content will drop significantly. Additionally, if using less pasta or no pasta, the carb content will drop significantly.