Healthy, flavorful, and vibrant, this Oil Free Middle Eastern Couscous Salad is a simple and delicious chopped salad filled with delightful veggies, protein-packed chickpeas, and tender couscous.
Base Salad Ingredients:
- ¾ cup uncooked pearl couscous *
- 6 to 7 cups chopped Romaine lettuce *
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced (+/-)
- 2 small cucumbers, fine chop
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes, small dice
- 1 – [ 15 oz. can ] chickpeas, drained and rinsed *
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup + 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon tahini
- 1 Tablespoon miso *
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup (+/-)
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Pinch black pepper
- Cook the couscous according to package directions, drain, rinse well with cold water, shake well to remove excess water, allow to drain, set aside.
- Place all the Salad Base Ingredients into a large bowl, mix well, set aside.
- Add the Dressing Ingredients into a bowl, whisk well until emulsified.
- Taste test the dressing for flavor, add more ingredients to reach the flavor you desire.
- Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients, mix well to completely coat the salad ingredients. Taste test and add more seasonings as needed.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: 3 to 4