Healthy, light, and refreshing, this Oil Free Lebanese Cucumber Salata (Lebanese Cucumber Salad) is easy to make and a burst of sunshine any time of the year.
- 2 cups small-diced Persian cucumbers *
- 1 cup small-diced tomatoes *
- ½ cup small-diced red onions (or white or green onions)
- 2 teaspoon tahini
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon white miso *
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried mint (or fresh) * (+/-)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (or dried) * (+/-)
- pinch to ½ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Inside a pita or wrap
- Side salad (Lebanese version of the American side salad)
- Place all the Base Ingredients into a medium-sized bowl, mix well. Set aside.
- Place all the Dressing Ingredients into a bowl, whisk well to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients, mix well. Allow to sit for several minutes for the flavors to marry. Serve and enjoy!
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: Makes 3 ½ cups