Easy, satisfying, and oh-so-delicious, these Oil-Free Hibachi Noodles are no fuss and brimming with wholesome plant-based goodness!
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium tamari *
- ¼ to 1/3 cup pure maple syrup (+/-) *
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 Tablespoons low-sodium vegetable broth *
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce *
- 1 lb. GF spaghetti *
- Sliced green onions
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Place the Sauce Ingredients in a bowl, stir to combine, set aside.
- Fill a large stock pot full of water. Add some sea salt to the water. Bring the water to a boil then add the spaghetti. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking. Boil the spaghetti until el dente, drain, rinse with cold water to remove any excess starch, shake well, set aside. Place the empty pasta cooking pot on the stove.
- Place the Sauce Mixture into the empty pot and heat over medium-high heat until the sauce comes to a low boil, then immediately lower the heat. Simmer for several minutes,
- Then add the cooked spaghetti to the sauce. Gently turn the spaghetti over and over again until all the spaghetti is coated in the sauce. Simmer over low heat and continue to gently turn-over the spaghetti for several minutes to get the spaghetti really coated and to heat the spaghetti through.
- Remove from heat and allow to sit and soak up any additional sauce at the bottom for 5 minutes. Then serve with a sprinkle of green onions and toasted sesame seeds.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.