Switching up our salad fun with this healthy, flavorful Oil Free Herb Vinaigrette that is bursting with tangy goodness and aromatic herbs and spices. Whole Food Plant Based, vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, gluten free, no highly processed ingredients.
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar *
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 2 to 3 teaspoons organic maple syrup (+/-)
- 1 teaspoon white miso *
- 2 to 3 teaspoon tahini (+/-)
- ½ teaspoon stone ground mustard (+/-)
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon dried minced onions
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed thyme leaves *
- Pinch rubbed sage
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Pinch black pepper (+/-)
- Place the Base Ingredients and Spice/Herb Ingredients into a small bowl, whisk until smooth and emulsified.
- Taste test and add adjust seasonings accordingly. Serve over your favorite salad greens.
*Tang versus Mild: Our family was completely divided over the amount of tang we liked in this dressing. Some preferred less tahini and maple syrup to make it more tangy while others preferred to ramp up the tahini and maple syrup to make it less tangy. We suggest you start with the smaller amounts of tahini and maple syrup and then taste test by placing a small amount of salad in a tiny bowl and putting a small amount of dressing on it, mixing well, then taste testing to get a feel for how the dressing disperses itself on the salad fixings. Then adjust the ingredients accordingly.
*Vinegar: Purchasing a good quality vinegar is important. Less expensive brands tend to be tarter and more acidic than a good quality vinegar.
*Dried Thyme Crushed Leaves: We use Penzeys French Thyme. It has amazing flavor. If you can’t find dried crushed thyme leaves, you can use ground thyme, but use half the amount.
*Miso: We used Miso Master Organic Mellow White Premium Lite Miso, Certified Gluten Free. Miso really lends itself to balancing flavors when you don’t use oil. You can also use chickpea miso for a soy free version.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Serving: Makes approximately ¾ cup of dressing.
*Storage: Refrigerate and use within 10 days.