Fresh, healthy, and delicious, this Oil Free Greek Pasta Salad is a plant based twist the traditional Greek-style pasta salad.
Base Salad Ingredients:
- 3 cups chopped fresh asparagus, 2 to 3-inch pieces, blanched
- 12 oz. farfalle pasta, cooked and cooled *
- 1 cup grape/cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 to ½ cup red onions, fine dice
- 5 artichoke hearts, quartered (from can) *
- 1/3 to ½ cup sliced pickled pepperoncini (+/-) *
- 1/3 cup sliced kalamata olives (optional) *
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons water
- ¼ teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1 Tablespoon white miso *
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried oregano (+/-)
- ¼ teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly chopped parsley
- Sprinkle dried oregano
- Place all the Dressing Ingredients into a bowl, whisk well until smooth and emulsified, set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain, run under cold water until cold, shake well to remove excess water; set aside.
- Cut the asparagus to bite-size pieces (2 to 3 inches), place one cup of water into a large skillet. Heat until boiling, then add the cut asparagus. Boil for 3 to 5 minutes, largely dependent upon how tender-crisp you enjoy asparagus. Drain, run under cold water to stop the cooking process, shake to remove excess water; set aside.
- Place all the Base Salad Ingredients (including the cooked pasta and cooked asparagus) into a large bowl, mix well, set aside.
- Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients, gently mix well to completely coat the salad ingredients. Taste test and add more seasonings as needed.
- Serve topped with freshly chopped parsley and dried oregano.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: 4 to 6 servings (makes 9 to 9 ½ cups)