Healthy, simple, and delicious, this Oil Free Asian Green Bean Salad features a zesty, sweet citrus dressing that’s drizzled over nourishing green beans.
- 1 ½ lbs. fresh green beans, trimmed
- ½ cup finely chopped green onions (+/-)
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons reduced-sodium tamari (+/-) *
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup (+/-) *
- ½ teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger (+/-)
- 1 Tablespoon white miso *
- Pinch to ¼ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- ½ cup mandarin oranges *
Optional Topping Ingredients:
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Mandarin oranges
- Fill a large stockpot with water, bring to a boil. Add the green beans, boil (blanch) uncovered for 3 minutes until bright green. Drain into a colander and immediately run cold water over them until cold. Drain well to remove any lingering water. Pat dry, if necessary, set aside.
- Place all the Dressing Ingredients into a high-speed blender or food processor. Process until smooth and emulsified.
- Place the green beans and chopped green onions into a flat container. Pour the dressing over top, mix well to evenly coat. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (or longer) until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, toss the green bean/onion mixture once again, then remove from the flat container and place on a serving platter. Tuck in extra mandarin oranges between the layers of green beans. Then top with additional mandarin oranges on top, and sprinkle generously with toasted sesame seeds. Then pour the remaining dressing over top. Serve and enjoy!
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: 4 to 6