Tangy, herby No Oil Greek Dressing shines like the beautiful beacon of flavor-town! Full of vibrant, crisp veggies, this refreshing No Oil Greek Salad is sure to be a new family favorite! Authentic and delicious, this salad features all your Greek veggie favorites, plus some yummy wholesome extras! Perfect for dinner or a great side salad for an outta this world nutritious meal. A fabulous Whole Food Plant Based recipe, vegan, oil free, refined sugar free, gluten free, no processed ingredients.
- Salad greens of choice (we used 8 oz. Baby Spinach Spring Mix Mixed Greens and kale)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 large red onion, cut into thin rings
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into rings
- 6 tomatoes, cut into roses (we used small round tomatoes about 1.5 inches in diameter)
- 2 mini English cucumbers, cut into thin ribbons
- 3 radishes, cut into thin slices
- 1 cup Greek olives, pitted
- 1 cup vegan ricotta cheese (WFPB, we used Kite Hill) – Optional
- 8 Greek Peperoncinis (we used Mezzetta Imported Golden Greek Pepperoncinis)
No Oil Greek Salad Dressing Ingredients:
- 12 raw cashews, soaked
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 Tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
No Oil Greek Salad Dressing Instructions
- Quick soak the cashews by placing the cashews in a bowl, then add boiling water just to cover them. Soak for 20 minutes, then discard the water.
- Place the soaked cashews, garlic cloves, red wine vinegar, lemon juice and water in a high-speed blender. Blend on high for one minute or until very smooth, then place in a bowl. Add the rest of the salad dressing ingredients. Whisk until well combined.
- Taste test the dressing, adjust the flavors as needed.
- Set aside or refrigerate until ready to dress the salad.
Assemble the Greek Salad Instructions
- Lay down a bed of salad greens onto a large flat plate. Sprinkle the cooked quinoa down the middle of the salad greens, then place the remaining veggies on top of the salad greens.
- Dollop sections of vegan ricotta cheese in different areas of the salad.
- Add the Greek olives and peperoncinis.
- Drizzle the No-Oil Greek Salad Dressing on top right before serving or place on individual servings.
- Serve Enjoy!
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Serving: 6 to 8
*Storage: Use within one week if salad is undressed