Bright, refreshing, zesty, this easy, oil-free Lemon Basil Quinoa Salad is all sunshine and a POW of flavor.
- 2 ¼ cups cooked quinoa *
- 1 – [ 15.5 oz. can ] navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup seeded tomatoes, small dice *
- ¼ cup red onions, fine dice
- 1 red bell pepper, fine dice
- 2 baby cucumbers, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- ¼ cup (2/3 oz.) fresh basil, chopped
Lemon Dressing Ingredients:
- ¼ cup + 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (+/-)
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- 1 Tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup (+/-) *
- 2 Tablespoons low-sodium vegetable broth *
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon white miso *
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ to ¾ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Lemon zest
- Fresh basil
- Place the all the Lemon Dressing Ingredients into a small bowl, whisk until smooth and emulsified, set aside.
- Prepare all the Base Ingredients and place into a large, then add the cooked quinoa. Toss to evenly distribute the salad ingredients; then drizzle with the Lemon Dressing while tossing.
- Taste test and add adjust seasonings accordingly. Serve and enjoy!
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Serving: 4 to 5 (makes 6 cups)