Tangy, creamy, and bold, this healthy, oil-free Jalapeño Bean Sandwich Spread is a simple and flavorful way to make lunchtime a breeze and more fun!
- 1 – [ 15.5 oz. can ] pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn *
- ½ cup pickled jalapenos (mild/tamed) *
- ½ to 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¾ teaspoon regular chili powder *
- pinch to ½ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Shredded lettuce
- Sliced tomatoes
- Toasted bread (or wrap)
- Julienne sliced bell peppers, carrots, or other veggies
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor. Pulse until all the ingredients are finely chopped.
- Taste test and adjust spices accordingly to suit personal preferences. Refrigerate for one hour.
- Serve on toasted bread (or in a wrap) with shredded lettuce and sliced tomatoes.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Serving: 4 to 6 sandwiches/wraps