Simple, easy, step-by-step instructions on How to Bake a Spaghetti Squash for a perfectly roasted, oil-free spaghetti squash.
- 1 spaghetti squash
- sea salt (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Place the oven rack in the center position.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Option 1-Lengthwise cut: Holding the spaghetti squash firmly, slice the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise through the center of the squash from end-to-end. Scoop out the seeds and ribbing until mostly smooth. Place onto the parchment paper-lined baking sheet cut side down. Prick the tops of the squash a few times.
- Option 2-Rounds cuts: Determine how many rounds you want, typically 4 rounds. Holding the spaghetti squash firmly, mark 3 shallow cuts with a sharp knife; one in the center, and 2 half-way from the center cut and the end. Then slice a tiny piece off each end. Now firmly slice the spaghetti squash through the shallow cuts. Scoop out the seeds and ribbing until mostly smooth. Place the rounds onto the parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Place the end-rounds cut side down. (No need to prick with a fork as a tiny bit of the ends have been cut off).
- Place in a preheated 400 F oven and bake for 35 to 50 minutes (largely dependent upon the cut option selected, the size of the spaghetti squash, and the desired tenderness) or until fork tender.
- Remove from the oven, flip the squash over (if cut side is down) and allow to cool somewhat, then use a fork to pull out the strands and fluff.
- Serve with a sprinkle of sea salt and black pepper to taste.
Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.