Running out of things to do with potatoes? HAHA – just kidding, we know that’s impossible! We are potato lovers too, and we are SO excited to share a new delicious dish to add to your repertoire. Warm, zesty and oh-so-satisfying, this warm Greek Potato Salad is bursting with lemony goodness and super easy to make! Best served warm or at room temperature, this simple potato dish makes for a fantastic side or picnic dish.
Whole Food Plant Based, plant based, vegan, oil free, refined sugar free, gluten free, no highly processed ingredients.
- 1 ½ lbs. baby red potatoes, cut in half
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons miso *
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Pinch black pepper (+/- to taste)
- Wash the baby potatoes, cut them in half (skins on), and place them in a pot of cold water, add a sprinkle of sea salt. Bring the pot to a boil over high heat, then lower to a medium-low boil. Gently boil (not a rolling boil) for 25 to 30 minutes until just fork tender. Do not over-boil them as they will fall apart. You can also boil them whole, then cut them in half when they have slightly cooled down.
- In the meantime, make the salad dressing by adding all the dressing ingredients into a bowl and whisking until well combined. Set aside.
- One the potatoes are tender, drain off the water, gently run cold water over them for a few minutes to stop the cooking process, then lay them out on a large plate for a few minutes to slightly cool.
- When the potatoes are warm (not hot), place them in a large bowl, add the chopped flat leaf parsley and pour the dressing over top. Gently mix until the potatoes are thoroughly coated.
- Serve immediately warm or at room temperature.
**Miso: We used Miso Master Organic Mellow White Premium Lite Miso, Certified Gluten Free. Miso really lends itself to balancing flavors when you don’t use oil. You can also substitute with chickpea miso for a soy free version.
*Tips: Serve warm or at room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers. If serving after refrigeration, then set the leftovers on a counter for 20 to 30 minutes or so to allow the dressing to come to room temperature. This will allow the flavors to come alive again.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Makes: 4 to 5 servings
*Storage: Refrigerate, use within 5 days.