Bringing all the Christmas vibes with warming ginger and good cheer! A vegan version of the quintessential holiday cookie, these wholesome Ginger Snap Cookies are loaded with aromatic spices and amazing texture of crunchy goodness on the outside and chewy loveliness on the inside, Mmmmmm. Easy to make, these cookies will quickly become your new family favorite! Lightly sweetened with maple syrup and robust molasses makes for the perfect healthy cookie. Guaranteed to get rave reviews these cookies will be gone in a flash!
Whole Food Plant Based, vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, gluten free, no highly processed ingredients.
- 1 ½ cups almond flour *
- 1 teaspoon baking soda *
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch *
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt *
- ½ cup unsalted almond butter, softened
- 1/3 cup organic maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Place oven rack in the center position, avoiding the lower oven rack placement.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat (or parchment paper).
- Place all the other Dry Ingredients into a bowl, whisk to combine.
- Add the Wet Ingredients to the dry ingredients, stir well to combine (no electric mixer required).
- Take 2 tablespoons of cookie dough and roll it in your hands to form a ball, then place the ball onto the silicone mat (or parchment paper) lined cookie sheet. Try to keep the cookie size uniform. Continue until you have rolled all the dough into balls and placed on the baking sheet.
- Then flatten each ball into a round disk about ½ inch thick, then place the baking sheet (space them far apart as they spread) into a preheated 350 F oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove from the oven, allow the cookies to sit on the baking sheet(s) undisturbed for 1 minute to firm up, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- Enjoy warm, soooo delicious!
*Almond Flour: This recipe was specifically designed to use almond flour. We have no substitutions for the almond flour. Additionally, spoon the almond flour into the measuring cup, do not pack it in.
*Cornstarch/Baking Soda: If you want a chewier cookie, then scale back on the cornstarch or leave it out completely. Additionally, scale back on the baking soda. Baking soda creates a crispier cookie.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Serving: Makes approximately 14 to 16 cookies.
*Storage: Use within 5 days. Freezes well.