Bright, vibrant, and nourishing, this delicious oil-free Garden Veggie Ragu Pasta is rich in simple, wholesome, feel-good ingredients.
Food Processor Ingredients:
- 1 medium yellow onion, rough chop
- 1 celery rib, rough chop
- 1 carrot, rough chop
- ½ red bell pepper, rough chop
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced into half-moons
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth *
- 1 cup water
- 1 – [ 14 oz. can ] petite diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon white miso *
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons dried minced onions
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- ¼ to 1 teaspoon sea salt *
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch to ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 – [ 15 oz. can ] cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (divided)
- 12 oz. GF ziti pasta (or pasta of choice)
- Freshly chopped parsley
- Fill a large stock pot full of water. Add some sea salt to the water. Bring the water to a boil then add the pasta. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking. Boil the pasta until slightly before al dente, drain, rinse well to remove excess starches, shake well, set aside.
- Place the Spice/Herb Ingredients (except the red pepper flakes) into a small bowl, mix well, set aside.
- Place the Food Processor Ingredients into the food processor and pulse off and on until the veggies are finely minced.
- Place the minced veggies and sliced zucchini into a large ceramic/enamel lined skillet (or similarly large nonstick skillet), sauté over medium-high heat for 10 minutes or until the veggies are tender and the moisture from the minced veggies has evaporated.
- Add the minced garlic, sauté for 30 seconds, then add all the remaining Skillet Ingredients and the Spice/Herb Mix, stir well to combine, scraping the bottom of the skillet to make sure you are pulling up any veggies that may have stuck to the bottom of the skillet.
- Bring to a boil, then immediately lower to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Take 1/3 cup of the cannellini beans and place them into a small bowl and mash them really well to create a paste, then add the cannellini paste into the skillet mixture, stir well to incorporate and to thicken the sauce. Simmer for 4 minutes.
- Add the remaining can of cannellini beans and cooked pasta to the skillet, stir well to combine. Simmer for several minutes to heat through, then remove from the stove, sprinkle with red pepper flakes (optional), and allow to sit for 5 minutes to allow the flavors to marry and the pasta to absorb some of the sauce.
- Serve topped with freshly chopped parsley.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Serving: 4 to 5