This healthy Garden Fresh Mediterranean Potato Salad is not your grandma’s potato salad; it’s filled with sun-dried tomatoes, crisp veggies, and pow of aromatic Italian herbs!
- 1 lb. 8 oz. (24 oz.) red-skinned baby potatoes, unpeeled, halved *
- ½ cup red onion, fine dice
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 mini cucumbers, small dice
- 24 grape/cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes *
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon tahini
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 Tablespoon reduced-sodium tamari *
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup unsweetened plain plant milk
- 1 Tablespoon miso *
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ to 1 teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- Place the sun-dried tomatoes (see notes) into a small bowl, cover with boiling water. Steep for 10 minutes.
- Cook the baby potatoes until just tender, drain and rinse with cold water until the potatoes are no longer hot, place on a cookie sheet to continue to cool, set aside to use in Step 5. See notes on the size of the baby potatoes.
- Drain the liquid from the steeped sun-dried tomatoes, shake well to remove any excess water, then place the steeped sun-dried tomatoes onto a chopping board and finely mince them with a sharp knife into an almost paste-like consistency.
- Place all the Dressing Ingredients into a small bowl, whisk until smooth and emulsified. Add the minced sun-dried tomatoes to the dressing, mix well to combine. Set aside.
- Place all the Salad Ingredients (including the cooked and cooled baby potatoes) and finely chopped fresh basil into a large bowl, gently mix to evenly distribute the ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the mixture, gently toss. Taste test for flavor. Add more seasoning, if needed. Best if served immediately. Refrigerate leftovers.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Serving: 4 to 6