Simplicity at its best, this Easy Zucchini Pasta is oil-free, healthy, wholesome, and oh-so-delicious making weeknight meals a breeze.
- 2 medium zucchinis, unpeeled, ½ inch cubes *
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth *
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon reduced sodium tamari *
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons dried minced onions
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- ½ to 1 teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Pinch black pepper (+/-)
- Pinch to ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 10 to 12 oz. GF penne pasta (or pasta of choice)
- Freshly chopped parsley
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- Fill a large stock pot full of water. Add some sea salt to the water. Bring the water to a boil then add the pasta. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking. Boil the pasta until al dente, drain, rinse well to remove excess starches, shake well, set aside.
- Place the Spice/Herb Ingredients (except the red pepper flakes) into a small bowl, mix well, set aside.
- Place all the Base Ingredients and the Spice/Herb Mix into a medium-sized stock pot (or deep skillet) bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer. Simmer until the zucchini is very tender, approximately 15 to 25 minutes, then add the cooked pasta, simmer for several minutes.
- Remove from the stove, sprinkle with red pepper flakes (optional), and allow to sit for 5 minutes to allow the flavors to marry.
- Serve topped with freshly chopped parsley and Vegan Parmesan Cheese.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.