Flavorful, simple, and oh-so-delicious, this oil-free Easy Vegan White Bean Parmesan Soup is loaded with hearty pasta, creamy beans, rich tomatoes, nutrient-packed greens, and savory spices.
- 1 medium yellow onion, fine dice
- 2 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth *
- 3 cups water
- 1 Tablespoon reduced-sodium tamari *
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 Tablespoons Vegan Parmesan Cheese *
- 1 – [ 14 oz. can ] petite diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 Tablespoons dried minced onions
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ½ to 1 teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Pinch to ¼ teaspoon black pepper (+/-)
- 1/3 cup GF ditalini pasta (or other small pasta type) *
- 3 – [ 15 oz. cans ] cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 to 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- Place the Spice/Herb Ingredients in a small bowl, mix well, set aside.
- If using gluten free pasta, cook the pasta separately according to package directions, drain and rinse, then add in Step 5. If using regular pasta, you can add the pasta directly into the soup in Step 5.
- In a large ceramic/enamel-lined pot or similar stock pot, add the diced onions, sauté over medium-high heat until the onions are softened, approximately 7 to 9 minutes, stirring periodically to prevent burning. Add a tablespoon or so of water if they start to stick and/or to prevent burning.
- Add the minced garlic, sauté for 30 seconds, then add all the remaining Base Ingredients and Spice/Herb Mix, stir well to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil, then lower to a low-boiling simmer, add the beans, stir to combine. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Then add the pasta and simmer until the pasta is tender.
- Add the baby spinach, stir to combine, simmer for several minutes, then remove from the stove and allow to sit for 5 minutes for the flavors to marry. Serve and enjoy.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Nutritional Information: We use cashews and almonds in our vegan parmesan cheese. If you use a nut/seed free vegan parmesan cheese the total fat will drop significantly.