This healthy Easy Vegan Lemon Ricotta Pasta dish is packed with fresh flavors that makes for delicious and quick week night meal.
- 8 oz. Vegan Ricotta Cheese *
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice *
- 1 ¾ to 2 cups reserved hot pasta water *
- ¼ cup Vegan Parmesan Cheese *
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ to 1 teaspoon sea salt *
- Pinch to ¼ teaspoon black pepper (+/-)
- Pinch to ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional) *
- 14 to 16 oz. rigatoni (or pasta of choice) *
- Freshly chopped basil
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese *
- Pinch lemon zest *
- Fill a large stock pot full of water. Add a little sea salt to the water. Bring the water to a boil then add the pasta. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking. Boil the pasta until al dente.
- Remove 2 cups of hot pasta water, set aside.
- Drain the pasta, rinse with cold water to remove any excess starch (only if using gluten free pasta), shake well, set aside.
- Place the empty pasta cooking pot back on the stove (or use a deep skillet). Then place the Sauce Mixture Ingredients (including the reserved 1 ¾ cups of the 2 cups of hot pasta water, note you may not need the remaining 1/4th cup of hot pasta water) into the empty pot (or skillet) and heat over medium-high heat until the sauce comes to a low boil, whisking constantly until all the ricotta cheese have becomes smooth and emulsified into the sauce, then immediately lower the heat. Simmer for several minutes.
- Next add the cooked pasta to the pot with the sauce. Gently turn the pasta over until all the pasta is coated in the sauce. Simmer over low heat to allow the pasta to absorb some of the sauce.
- Remove from the pot from the heat and allow to sit and slightly cool for 3 minutes. Then serve with an additional sprinkle of freshly chopped basil, lemon zest, and Vegan Parmesan Cheese on individual servings.
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Servings: 4 to 5