Calling all beet lovers; these healthy, oil free Easy Glazed Beets are utterly delicious and sure to impress.
- 16 to 20 oz. cooked beets *
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard powder (+/-) *
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cashew butter (optional) *
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Pinch to 1/8 teaspoon black pepper (+/-) *
- 1 to 2 teaspoons cornstarch (or arrowroot powder)
- 1 Tablespoons water
- Place all the Glaze Ingredients into a sauce pan on stove, whisk to incorporate all the ingredients. Heat to boiling, then immediately lower to a simmer. Simmer on low for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, create the Slurry by adding the cornstarch into a small bowl, then whisking in the water. Stir to completely dissolve the cornstarch, then add the Slurry to the sauce pot. Increase the heat, stirring constantly until the glaze thickens, then simmer for several minutes stirring constantly. Remove from the stove, set aside.
- Place the beets into a bowl, pour the hot glaze over top, very gently stir until the beets are thoroughly coated and the glaze turns from a golden color to fuchsia color. Allow to sit for 20 minutes to allow the flavors to marry.
- Serve warm, at room temperature, or cold.
Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.
Servings: 6 Servings – Makes approximately 3 cups