Healthy, quick, and flavorful, this oil free Easy Fried Rice recipe is a veggie-studded rice dish that is lightly seasoned and deliciously filling!
- 1 medium yellow onion, fine dice
- 1 medium carrot, grated or julienne sliced *
- 1/3 cup finely diced red bell pepper (optional) *
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium tamari *
- 2 Tablespoons low-sodium vegetable broth *
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup (+/-) *
- ½ teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon tahini *
- 4 cups refrigerated cooked brown rice *
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed *
Optional Topping Ingredients:
- Sliced green onions
- Place the Sauce Ingredients in a bowl, mix well until smooth and emulsified, set aside.
- In a large skillet, add the diced onions, carrots, and red bell peppers, sauté over medium-high heat for approximately 7 to 9 minutes to soften. Add a splash of water or broth to prevent sticking and burning.
- Stir in the refrigerated rice and peas, stirring constantly for 2 minutes, then add the Sauce Mixture, stirring constantly until everything is heated through, approximately 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve immediately, top with sliced green onions, and enjoy!
*Please reference the blog post for Tips for Success, Pantry Items Used, Storage and Freezing, and Kitchen Products Used.