We are die hard salad lovers over here. Always looking to get in those nourishing greens, and we’ve got a flavor-packed dressing that will take those greens to a whole new level of yumminess. Let us introduce you to this homemade, oil free, vegan Creamy Dill Dressing that is all that and then some. Perfectly luscious, bold tangy goodness, and bursting with fresh dill vibes, this dressing is healthy and utterly delicious making it this week’s awesome Whip It Up Wednesday recipe.
Whole Food Plant Based, vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons organic maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons + 1 teaspoon tahini
- ¼ cup water *
- ¼ cup + 2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar *
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion flakes
- 1 Tablespoon miso *
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (+/- to taste) *
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper (+/- to taste)
- 4 Tablespoon fresh baby dill, chopped (or one .75 oz. package)
- Place all the Ingredients (except the fresh dill) into a high-speed blender and blend on high for one minute or until creamy and smooth. Note: A high-speed blender is not required but makes for a very smooth emulsified dressing. Then place the dressing into a bowl, then stir in the freshly chopped baby dill. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
*White Wine Vinegar: We find that vinegar brands vary based on flavor and tartness. Please adjust the amount of white wine vinegar used in this recipe based on your brand of vinegar. Taste the white wine vinegar, if your white wine vinegar has a strong acidity/tartness, use less to start with, and add more if needed. We used a very mellow brand of white wine vinegar.
*Water/White Wine Vinegar: If you like more zing, add more white wine vinegar and less water and vice-versa if you prefer less zing.
*Miso: We used Miso Master Organic Mellow White Premium Lite Miso, Certified Gluten Free. Miso really lends itself to balancing flavors when you don’t use oil. You can also substitute with chickpea miso for a soy free version.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Makes: ¾ cup
*Storage: Refrigerate, use within 7 days.