Crunchy pecans coated in cinnamon-maple glazed goodness make for the perfect snack or salad topper. This week’s Whip It Up Wednesday recipe is ideal for airplane rides, road trips or just as a plain, good ole “pick me up” when you need a delicious treat to get you from Point A to Point B, not to mention that this tasty treat can be made in less than 7 minutes and can fit in your purse, pocket, or lunchbox. Whole Food Plant Based recipe, no oil, no refined sugar, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
- ½ cup pecan halves
- 1 Tablespoon organic maple syrup
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Place a silicone baking mat onto a cookie sheet – set aside. Note: The silicone mat just makes it easier, but is not necessary.
- Place the pecan halves into a medium-sized nonstick skillet and dry toast them over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir them around the pan to ensure they do not burn.
- When the pecans are nicely toasted, move them to the center of the skillet and drizzle the maple syrup on top of the pecans. The maple syrup should immediately bubble up. With a rubber spatula toss the pecans until all the sides are equally coated. This only takes approx. 30 seconds. Remove from heat and immediately dump the maple glazed pecan onto the silicone baking mat, (or cookies sheet) spreading them out as much as possible.
- Immediately sprinkle with a light coating of cinnamon. When the pecans are no longer too hot to handle, toss the pecans in any remaining cinnamon left on the silicone mat with your hands.
- Enjoy as a delicious snack or as a salad topper or in your favorite plant based yogurt bowl.
- When completed cooled, store in an airtight jar for up to 2 weeks.
*Serving: Makes ½ cup of glazed pecans
*Storage: Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.