Melty chocolate and creamy peanut is a match made in heaven, truly a delicious combination! These simple, fast, and most importantly tasty Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana wraps are a fabulous treat for when those cravings hit. Melty chocolate, creamy peanut butter, and sliced bananas on a toasted wrap makes for a great breakfast treat or dessert in a breeze. This week’s Whip It Up Wednesday recipe is ideal for portion control, not to mention that this tasty treat can be made in less than 5 minutes. It doesn’t get much better than that! Whole Food Plant Based recipe, no oil, no refined sugar, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon semi-sweet chocolate chips *
- 1 banana, left whole or cut in slices
- Wraps of choice *
- Chopped peanuts
- Unsweetened peanut butter to drizzle
- Shaved chocolate
- Additional banana slices
- Place 1 Tablespoon of peanut butter in a small bowl, add 1 Tablespoon of the semi-sweet chocolate chips to the peanut butter, then microwave on high for 20 seconds, then remove and stir the mixture continuously to melt the chocolate into the hot peanut butter. If you need to microwave it a little more, only do so with 5 second intervals as you do not want to burn the chocolate or peanut butter. Stir the mixture until the chocolate is completely melted into the peanut butter.
- Place a wrap (of choice) on a plate and spread the melted peanut butter-chocolate mixture over the wrap. Slice some bananas and lay them on one half of the wrap, then fold over the wrap in half. Place the wrap in a hot nonstick skillet and toast until nicely browned on both sides.
- Place the wrap on a plate, then drizzle with some additional peanut butter, shaved chocolate, and chopped peanuts over the top, if desired.
- Eat while warm and ooey-gooey.
- Optional Serving Ideas: Place a wrap on a plate and spread the melted peanut butter-chocolate over the wrap, then lay a whole banana onto the end of the wrap and roll up. Enjoy immediately, no toasting of the wrap, unless you wish to toast the wrap (or heat slightly in the microwave) before adding the melted chocolate-peanut butter spread and banana.
Chocolate Chips: We used Enjoy Life Gluten Free Semi-Sweet Mega Chunks chocolate
Almond Wraps: We used Siete gluten free almond wraps)
* Serving: Makes 1 wrap
*Storage: Eat immediately.