Fun, flavorful, and festive, these veggie lovers Cauliflower Fiesta Tacos are packed with bold deliciousness and nourishing ingredients. These tasty tacos are filled with zesty red onions, spicy jalapenos, sweet red bell peppers, hearty cauliflower, earthy garlic, refreshing salsa, crisp corn, and protein-backed pinto beans, all seasoned with aromatic Southwestern spices! They will have the whole family seated at the table in a flash ready for taco goodness.
Whole Food Plant Based, vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, gluten free, no highly processed ingredients.
- ¾ cup red onions, fine dice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, small dice
- 1 red bell pepper, small dice
- 4 cups cauliflower, small florets
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 Tablespoon reduced sodium tamari *
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable broth *
- 2 Tablespoons + 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 3 Tablespoons salsa *
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup pinto beans (or bean of choice)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (+/-)
- ¼ teaspoon coriander
- Pinch cumin
- ¾ to 1 teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Pinch black pepper
- Taco shells/tortillas
Other Optional Ingredients:
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Sliced jalapenos
- Finely diced red onions
- Chopped avocadoes
- Vegan Sour Cream
- Place the Herb/Spice Ingredients in a small bowl, mix and set aside.
- In a large ceramic/enamel lined skillet (or similar non-stick skillet), add the diced red onions, diced red bell peppers and jalapeno pepper, sauté over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Then lower the temperature to medium-low and add the minced garlic and sauté for one minute, then add the cauliflower florets and the Herb/Spice mix, sauté for one minute, stirring constantly to allow the spices to release their fragrance.
- Next add 2 Tablespoons vegetable broth, liquid smoke, and the tamari, stir well to combine. Then place a tight-fitting lid on the skillet and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, remove the lid and add the salsa, corn, beans, and nutritional yeast, stir to combine.
- Cook uncovered over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Test the tenderness of the veggies, cook until the veggies reach the desired level of tenderness.
- Test the flavors, add more spices, if necessary, to achieve the level of flavor you desire. Serve in your favorite taco/tortilla shell topped with freshly chopped cilantro, diced red onions, sliced jalapeno peppers, chopped avocadoes, salsa and/or Vegan Sour Cream.
*Salsa: Use your favorite salsa. We used D.L. Jardine’s Texasalsa. This is a medium salsa with some heat to it. If you use this salsa, then adjust the cayenne pepper to your taste. We like a lot of spice. Additionally, there are tons of salsas available that you can use in this recipe. The thing you want to keep in mind is that seasonings vary greatly, adjust spices accordingly. Additionally, we found 3 tablespoons of salsa worked perfectly; however, some may wish more.
*Tamari: We used San J Tamari Soy Sauce, Gluten Free, Reduced Sodium. You can substitute the tamari with reduced sodium soy sauce, Braggs Liquid Aminos, or Braggs Coconut Liquid Aminos.
*Vegetable Stock: We use Pacific Organic Low Sodium Vegetable Stock. We love this brand because it is Whole Food Plant Based compliant, as it does not contain MSG, has no oil, and does not contain any highly-processed ingredients.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Serving: Makes 12 tacos
*Storage: Refrigerate and use within 5 days.