Take your brunch to the next level with this super delicious Carrot Cake Oatmeal Breakfast Bake. Sweet, moist, and packed with oats, walnuts, carrots, and raisins, this breakfast bake is seriously out of this world YUM; a fabulous Whole Food Plant Based recipe. Vegan, Oil free, refined sugar free, gluten free, no processed ingredients.
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 5 Medjool dates
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- ½ cup unsweetened almond butter
- ½ cup organic maple syrup
- 2 ¼ cups unsweetened plain plant milk
- ¾ cup finely grated carrots *
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 2/3 cup raisins (optional)
Optional Date Sugar “Powdered Sugar” Topping:
- 1 Tablespoon date sugar or maple sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Line the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Mix well. Set aside.
- Place the Medjool dates in a food processor and pulse to break them up. Then add the vanilla, almond butter, maple syrup, and almond milk and pulse until well mixed.
- Add the wet ingredients to the oat mixture and mix well, then add the grated carrots, chopped walnuts and raisins. Mix well.
- Carefully dump the mixture into a parchment paper (bottom only) lined baking dish. Spread out mixture evenly with a rubber spatula. Press the mixture down lightly to ensure everything is cohesive.
- Place in a preheated oven, and bake for 30 minutes, or until set.
- Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- Best if served warm.
- To reheat, serve individual serving in a bowl/plate, and microwave for a few seconds until warm.
Date Sugar “Powdered Sugar” Topping Instructions
- If topping the oatmeal bake with the date/maple “powdered” sugar; make by combining 1 Tablespoon of date (or maple) sugar (dehydrated) with 1 Tablespoon of organic cornstarch into a high-speed blender like a Ninja. Pulse on high for 30 to 45 seconds until the mixture is very light and has a powder-like consistency. Sprinkle through a fine mesh sieve over top of individual servings.
*Finely grated carrots: If using a box grater, use the 2nd smallest holes
*Serving: 6 to 8
*Storage: Does not require refrigeration. Use within 3 days.