Incredibly easy and fast to make, this Cabbage Fried Rice is bursting with flavor and veggies; plus, it tastes amazing. The best part is it’s ready in 20 minutes or less! Mix and match using your favorite veggies for this healthy and nutritious recipe! A must try Whole Food Plant Based “dinner in minutes” recipe! Vegan, no oil, no refined sugar, no highly processed ingredients, and gluten free.
- 1 small yellow onion, fine dice
- ½ head Napa cabbage, shredded
- 12 oz. package frozen Asian Blend Vegetables
- ½ cup frozen sweet peas
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup reduced sodium tamari *
- ½ to 1 teaspoon minced ginger *
- 2 teaspoons organic maple syrup
- 3 to 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 to 3 green onions, finely sliced
- Sesame seeds
- Sliced green onions
- Sriracha sauce
- This recipe comes together fast. It is important to have all your ingredients prepped and ready to go.
- Prep all veggies and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix ¼ cup Tamari, 2 teaspoons maple syrup, garlic, and ginger. Set aside.
- Place a large nonstick skillet on the stovetop, add the diced onion and sauté over medium-high heat for 3 minutes to soften, then add the shredded cabbage and continue to sauté for 2 minutes until the cabbage starts to slightly soften.
- Then add all the remaining ingredients (including the ingredients from Step 3) and cook until the frozen veggies reach the desired tenderness you enjoy. (We sautéed them for approx. 3-4 minutes).
- Plate and serve with optional toppings listed above.
*Frozen Asian Veggies: You can use any frozen Asian blend that you like, ours included the following: edamame, sugar snap peas, baby cob corn, red peppers, and water chestnuts
*Ginger: If you like the flavor of ginger, use ½ teaspoon of ginger; if you LOVE the flavor of ginger, use 1 teaspoon of ginger or more.
*Tamari: We used San J Tamari Soy Sauce, Gluten Free, Reduced Sodium. You can substitute the tamari with reduced sodium soy sauce, Braggs Liquid Aminos, or Braggs Coconut Liquid Aminos.
*Serving: 4 – 6 depending if you are eating as a main meal or side dish.
*Storage: Refrigerate 3 to 4 days