Light and refreshing, this sweet and savory Avocado Chickpea Salad Wrap is perfect for a quick and tasty lunch. Chopped walnuts, chickpeas, red grapes, apple slices, grated carrots, celery and red onion come together in a beautiful and tasty avocado dressing, then wrapped to perfection in your favorite tortilla or wrap. This week’s Whip It Up Wednesday recipe is ideal for work lunchboxes, quick dinners, or just plain fun. Whole Food Plant Based recipe, no oil, no sugar, no highly processed ingredients and gluten free.
- 1 – [ 15 oz. can ] chickpeas, drained and rinsed, coarsely mashed
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/3 cup minced red onion
- ½ cup grated carrot
- ¾ cup diced celery
- ¼ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
Avocado Salad Dressing Ingredients:
- 1 small avocado
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened plain plant yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoons sea salt (+/-)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper (+/-)
- Apple slices (we used a very thinly sliced Fuji apple)
- Grated carrots (extra)
- Wraps of choice
- Salad greens of choice
- Place the drained and rinsed chickpeas into a large bowl, and mash them with a potato masher until coarsely chopped/mashed.
- Then place all the remaining prepared Salad Ingredients into the large bowl with the coarsely mashed chickpeas, set aside.
- Place the Avocado Salad Dressing Ingredients into a food processor (or mini-chop food processor) and pulse until very smooth.
- Gently mix in about half of the Avocado Salad Dressing with the Salad Ingredients. Continue adding additional dressing as needed. You may have a little left over, largely dependent upon the size of the avocado used.
- Taste test the salad mixture, adding more sea salt, or other spices as desired.
- Assemble wraps by laying down some salad greens onto the wrap, then adding some thinly sliced apples, followed by about 1/3 cup (or more) of the salad mixture onto a wrap, then sprinkling with some extra grated carrots, and roll up either burrito style or into a tube. Also, can be enjoyed as a lettuce cup or sandwich.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Serving: Makes 6 wraps
*Storage: Refrigerate for up to 1 day as avocadoes tend to turn brown quickly