Looking to switch up your slaw game? We’ve got you covered with this super refreshing, flavorful, and healthy Asian Mango Slaw. Crisp jicama, nutrient-packed cabbage, sweet mango, zesty onions, and spicy jalapeño all tossed in a amazingly light, tangy Asian sauce. Brighten up your Asian tacos and burgers with this wholesome slaw. This vibrant, colorful salad is super easy to make and a fantastic dish for picnics and gatherings.
Whole Food Plant Based, vegan, plant based, oil free, refined sugar free, gluten free, no highly processed ingredients.
- 2 cups julienned jicama (or 2 cups packaged coleslaw mix: shredded green cabbage, carrots)
- 3 ½ cups coleslaw mix (or 8 oz. packaged coleslaw mix – shredded green cabbage, carrots)
- 2 cups mango, cut in thin strips (Not completely ripe)
- 1 handful red cabbage, shredded (optional)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon jalapeno, fine dice (+/- based on desired heat)
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon miso *
- 1 Tablespoon reduced sodium tamari * (see notes)
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons organic maple syrup (+/- to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon grated ginger (+/- to taste)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1–2 Tablespoons toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) *
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Place the jicama, coleslaw mix, red cabbage, mango, green onion slices, and jalapeno in a bowl, toss to mix.
- Drizzle the dressing over the mixture and toss to combine.
- Taste the coleslaw, add more seasoning if desired.
- Serve as a delicious side salad, on tacos, in a sandwich or wrap.
*Miso: We used Miso Master Organic Mellow White Premium Lite Miso, Certified Gluten Free. Miso really lends itself to balancing flavors when you don’t use oil. You can also substitute with chickpea miso for a soy free version.
*Tamari: We used San J Tamari Soy Sauce Gluten Free, Reduced Sodium. You can substitute the tamari with reduced sodium soy sauce, Braggs Liquid Aminos, or Braggs Coconut Liquid Aminos.
*Sea Salt: Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary needs.
*Makes: 4 to 5 servings
*Storage: Refrigerate, use within 5 days.
*Nutritional Information: Does not include optional add-in of toasted sesame seeds.